CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 27, 2006

Feb 27 - Just another day in paradise

Weekend – February 25/26
OK it is Sunday night and I will recap the weekend. It came and went. (HA – Just kidding). Actually, Saturday night we met up with the McCue’s and went to the big city of Dnipropetrovs’k. To meet up with another American (Laura and Chris Kennedy) here adopting from my orphanage – they have been here since November. Oye….. We had a nice time. Mom was excited to ride in a car. I was excited to meet up and have something to eat other than the café we go to daily. Which is awesome food – but I wanted something different than Ukrainian food. We had Italian. It was good. Also, as we were walking in the city – all those stores beckoned me. Shops. S omething we don’t have a lot of here in the village. Also, at the restaurant they had EuroMTV on and I got to see JLOs new video. Also, a new Whitney Houston video. What is happening over there? Then, I hear Brangelina is due in May? Geez – I have 10 weeks worth of People magazine sitting on my counter – I will probably never get to read those now……

Today and yesterday Zoey was so good. She just wanted to cuddle – which is different as she is usually on the go. She has a runny nose and just wants to be held. I love it – so I am very happy to hold her. Usually I chase her and run her up and down stairs. Don’t have to worry about the M&Ms I am still eating – cause I burn those off in 15 minutes with her. Speaking of which, I gave her two M&Ms today and mom was appalled. I found out they get chocolate once a week in the orphanage (it is a chocolate equivalent to a milky way – about an inch long) – so 2 M&Ms won’t kill her. : )

Today I also met the Kennedy’s little boy – oh my gosh – he is beautiful. Blond hair – big blue eyes. He is a doll. But, I am still very partial to my little princess.

Zoey loves music and loves to sing. And, she loves to hear me sing! (Yes, Jeff – she thinks I can sing!!!) I took my MP3 player out last week and introduced her to 50 Cent! Not sure she was impressed – just wait till I get her home and put it on surround sound! : ) (just kidding)

Oh did I tell everyone because of all the stress – I have been having migraines daily – and have run out of my medication. Luckily, mom brought some and I have resorted to using it. (she only had 5 pills though) I took a prescription to the pharmacy tonight – and they don’t have anything similar. Ouch. I am running out of my thyroid meds and other meds too. We need to get home soon.

Well, I am just sitting here listening to my MP3. I miss home so much. I feel so disconnected. When I call people – and ask what is going on – they say “nothing – how is it going with you”….. I need news. We don’t have CNN – only BBC – which is EU connected – so we don’t get a lot of US news. Also, without internet access – we are very out of the loop. I feel like I have lost 10 weeks of my life. We are both so ready to be home. Mother reads me a daily devotional about speaking positive – then all it takes is the afternoon trip to the orphanage and walking through the mud, trash, muck and ice – then her tune changes. I have to remind her of the passage for the day – then we laugh.

Linda has started going with me to the orphanage to visit Zoey – so she can bond. In the afternoon – the visit is only an hour and she claims she wants the exercise too. That she gets.
Also, hopefully I don’t repeat myself on the blog. We feel like we are in a Simpson’s episode. Right outside the village there is a HUGE power plant and I crack up when I see it. Reminds me of Springfield. : ) As we walk along each day – I hum the tune to the Simpson’s and it makes us laugh. It just looms over the whole village. I hate to think my baby is breathing that mess. Each night, mom makes me close my bedroom door so the “fumes or whatever it emits” do not reach her.

Monday - February 27
Still waiting on a court date. Zoey was sick today - fever, cough and runny nose. I am told it is my fault because I let her on the floor. Anyway - I will leave the internet cafe and go to the pharmacy to get her something. The orphanage doctor gave me a list. I will update more later - the judge didn't work today. Never mind we ran hoops to get paperwork here - and she is not even here. Again - I digress.............................................................

Also, in one of my previous posts I talked about a couple of little boys I fell in love with. Well, I met the parents of one of the little boys today. They are back in Dnipro for court on Wednesday and they are from California. I am so happy he has a family. He is the sweetest little boy ever. Maybe the other two have families on their way too.

Well, I will update again when I know what is up with the court date. Until then - Happy March to all!

0 comments: