Today – we had to do a medical exam to be certified in the region. So, Zoey had to give some blood. It was horrible watching them take her blood. She was crying – I was telling them they were hurting her – and they were telling me something – probably to shut up and get out (couldn’t tell – Russian). But, I didn’t. They couldn’t get blood – so they started twisting her arm – geez where did the nurse get her degree? They finally got their 4 vials of blood. We had to go early, and Luba decided they didn’t need me, so I got to spend time with Zoey from 8am till noon.
Well……easy going Rada (aka Zoey Alyssa) was putting on the cute, sweet and innocent act yesterday! : ) Today – the fits came out. They say you wind up with a child like you – how in the world did this happen??? Miss Priss tried me several times today. In the morning – we played with musical toy till we got bored (20 minutes), then the baby doll that laughs (5 minutes), then the book (2 minutes). So, then we walked about the orphanage. I must say – the orphanage I am at is pretty lenient and let me have the run of the floor – but there isn’t much to do roaming the halls – and Zoey wanted to go into every room when we saw doors.
Mommy (aka – Jennifer) – “ Nyet” – my new favorite word.
Zoey – “nyet” – her most used word.
Imagine this conversation at every door. Then, after her “nyet” – she sat on the floor – then banged her head on the floor – then screamed and cried. (Uh- check please!) We did this many times today – I must say – you hear about all the institutional behaviors and comforting they do – but it kills me to see her do this and rocking back and forth. I have started rocking her and keeping her close. I hold her a lot right now – but she has never had this much attention. She deserves it. Today, when I would put her down, or try to give her to her caregivers – she started to cry. How can they ask me to leave when she does that??? Also, she gets really whiney when other kids try to come up to me and call me mama. Today – she kicked at a little boy who held his hands up and called me mama. Today – when I went back for the afternoon visit – she had just gotten up from nap. The caregiver brought her through the door, she saw me – and had the biggest grin. It doesn’t get any better than that. The caregivers and my translator commented that she is attaching very nicely. I am thanking God for that too. This afternoon when I was taking her back to her groupa – she started crying. I just felt horrible.
One thing she also did today. It is cute – but I know this can’t go on. There are plants all over the orphanage halls. (I must say – this orphanage is awesome and clean, and the caregivers really care about the kids from what I see. Not all are like this.) Anyway, she started trying to tear the leaves off or dig in the dirt. I told her nyet – so she walked away. Then, she’d go back near them, act like she was going to touch them (but not do it) – me telling her – nyet. Then, she’d get closer – watching me the whole time. Then, she’d swat the leave and run – laughing as she run away.
She is very active. Gonna have to remove the priceless art when I get home. (i.e. the gourd from Africa, the elephant from India) Basically, everything 2 feet off the ground. : )
Another little story of how awesome God is. You all know I am involved with Life 2 Orphans. (since Sept 2004) Anyway, they have a program called feed an orphan – which participates at about 25 baby orphanages. (go back and read my early blogs – I talked about this). For $5 a month, you can feed a baby. So, I sent money for a year for the program. Anyway, the orphanage Zoey lives at is one of those sponsored orphanages. (found out late yesterday afternoon) As I mentioned on my blog – “I never know if the child I am feeding could be my own” – well – the way I look at it – I fed my precious baby for the last year.
Anyway, that is today’s update. Let’s see what cuteness she does tomorrow. Rather than update daily, I will go back to updating every few days.
NOT THAT SAME GIRL...
13 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment