Over the ice paths, through the slums, to Zoey’s orphanage I go…. I now have a daily routine. I get up at 8:30am, get dressed, and then walk to the orphanage. (never mind it has been in the -20s here for the last 5 days) The orphanage is about 1.3 miles from the apartment – and it takes me between 12 and 15 minutes to get there. Yes – I am hauling it – it is so cold it hurts. But, this region is so expensive. The driver was wanting me to pay $50 a day for the two trips to the orphanage – which is less than 5 minutes by car. I told him no thank you. Kiev was so much cheaper than here.
I visit Zoey from 9:30 to 12:00, then 3:30ish to 5pm. When I come home for lunch, I take a nap. There is nothing else to do here – so a nap is a welcome reprieve. We are not close to the actual city – the orphanage is about 30 minutes by car from the city – so we would have to pay about $30 to get into city – then the same back. It is not worth it – although we plan to splurge this weekend to do some shopping for Zoey and her groupa.
Mother and I want to be home so bad right now – I can’t even explain the pain of being here. But, I will at a later time. We are quickly running out of money – and I am very worried about that. Prayers for a quick court date – and waive of the 10 days.
Zoey and I are in a routine as well. We play from 9:30 to 10:30; have snack from 10:30 to 11:00; then play some more till noon. Around 11:30 to 11:45 she gets fussy – as it is getting close to nap time and sister needs her sleep. They told me to come at 4pm in the afternoon – but I have been getting there around 3:30 – so they let me have her then. Although they literally pluck her from the bed and hand her to me. I do diaper duty, dress her – then we go have a snack. Then play some more. She is usually in a fussy mood as she is just waking – so afternoon it takes her some time to warm up.
On Thursday, mom went with me to the afternoon visit. I kept telling her about the little tantrums, and mom thought – no way. Sure enough, Linda got front row seats for the “I am not getting my way – so I will throw myself on the floor and kick and scream” event. It’s kind of funny. But, the caregivers don’t like it.
Luba has worked really hard to have all paperwork completed by Friday – so that on Monday we can go to court and request a court date. I hope and pray the judge is on our side and we get in and get out SOON. Please pray for quick results and no hold-ups so we can get home.
NOT THAT SAME GIRL...
13 years ago
1 comments:
WOO HOO - PRAISE GOD!!! Doing the happy dance in KENTUCKY - praise GOD we're doing it in KY and not Kiev! Hey - can't find your phone number in this mess of luggage - can you email it PLEASE! Give Linda a BIG HUG from me - and Hadas & Jonathan too of course. OOPS - Anna just got up - she wants to know if it's "night or morning." Hmmm - well it's 7 AM in KY and 2 PM in Kiev!!! Love you girlfriend. GIve that precious daughter - hand picked by GOD (not the director) and big kiss from Aunt Kim!!!!!! XOXOOOXO
Post a Comment