CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 30, 2006

Memoirs of a Ukrainian Adoption

Hmmmm. While I have been in Kiev, I have read several books. All very good. Two I will mention. 1) Maximum City – Bombay Lost and Found. This is a very good book – but rather long. It goes way into underground India – more specifically Bombay. If you have an interest in the Indian culture as I do – it is a very good insight. Also, another good book on India – A Fine Balance – is probably one of the best books I have ever read on the Indian culture and history. If anyone is interested in my collection – let me know. 2) Memoirs of a Geisha. Very good book. Now, I can’t wait to get home and see the movie – I will probably have to wait for it to come on Comcast In-Demand though. By time I get home – it might even be on DVD.

I brought several of my Bollywood movies with us on this trip – to try and get mummy into it --- but she doesn’t like them. Anyway, I have watched them and love them. We have more families coming daily – which means we have more people to swap movies with.

We did some more sightseeing on Friday. I bet we walked over 6 miles looking at churches – all of them are on top of a freaking hill though. I never appreciated the flatness of Texas as much as I do right now. I did however manage to successfully negotiate a cab back. He started at 50 grivna – but I got him to 30. That was too easy. The ride was probably worth 50 grv – since it was rush hour. I was proud of myself. My self-imposed Russian lessons are paying off!

We are meeting so many more American families. We hang out with Hadas and Jonathon from Florida – they are so much fun. Last night we had Indian food – and while there this little boy – he was so cute – that kept prancing by us. We decided we have had enough of this waiting stuff and we might just take him home. But his momma rescued him. : ) There is still no news from the NAC. We do not know when they will be open. We also met another couple, Sean and Karin, who we will be meeting tomorrow night for dinner. Pretty soon – we should all be able to obtain citizenship!

I do have to say – Linda might be a little on the edgy side. She has started using the “f” word. I tell her it is not becoming. And, I appreciate her not using that language around me, lest she accidentally use it in front of my precious princess. We have slight differences in how we live. I am clean and tidy --- she is not. So, with all the added stress – you can imagine how heated it gets around here. So much for righteousness. (she says I drove her to it)

Thanks to each of you who email me and call me! It means the world to me that people are thinking about me. I never expected this to be so hard – but so many people have been so supportive – I am blessed to have such friends in my life.

Today – we have been here 39 days. Tomorrow will be day 40. Didn’t God “rescue” Noah after 40 days and 40 nights? If so – maybe tomorrow he will rescue me! Until my next update – have a lovely week!

1 comments:

Kimbell and Mark said...

Hey Jennifer. WOOHOOWOOHOO - Praise GOD - AN APPOINTMENT. Also don't want to burst your bubble but it rained for 40 days, but Noah didn't come off the boat for MUCH LONGER!!!!! I don't believe that Linda dropped the F bomb!!! And don't the rest of you readers believe it either!! ANd if she did - well after 40 days in Kiev - it's justifiable!! Hope to see you TOMORROW to celebrate your AWESOME referral!!