In case you wonder what we do all day. Mummy is scared of her shadow, so she drags me out each day. (Did I ever tell anyone how much I despise hills?) Well, we live at the top of the hill - food is at the bottom about a mile away. I am still existing on one meal and 2 cokes a day. Linda is now up to her normal 3 meals and snacks a day. I did drag her out to eat Indian food today - and surprisingly enough - she really liked it. This place was probably as good as Kiev gets - but it was expensive. But, a treat.
Someone told me to bring pants a size or two smaller - I did that and they already fit!
Next, I forgot to bring my lotion and my skin is really dry from the weather - so we went out searching for lotions. Only, all that we could find was high end (Chanel, Clinique, etc - at about $30 a bottle) or I didn’t know the Russian word for lotion and everyone gave me hand soap. Then, Linda showed her psoriasis and they all yelled "creme" - so lotion is creme. I managed to get that and some moisturizer for the face. Soon enough, I’ll be soft again.
New Years Eve in the city was exciting. Fireworks went off all over the city (and I mean all over - in front/behind our building, all along the river, downtown, everywhere) starting at midnight. At 4am - they were still going off in some places. I was suppose to hang out with my friend Bogdan, but he got a call from a student in need and had to go help him - so I was stuck here with Linda. Both her and Bogdan fretted that I might go somewhere alone. (Don’t these people know I travel the world by MYself.) Anyway, by time it was to do anything - we ordered pizza and stayed in.
The days are passing fastly enough. I am up all hours of the night. Then sleep till noon. Then go out till about 5pm. Then, in for the day. Sounds exciting, huh? Not much else to do - I would call and be on the phone for hours if the calling cards were not so expensive. So, if you are getting calls - you must be someone important!
Yesterday - we met a couple from Missouri who have adopted the most adorable 16 month-old girl. She is precious. We went sightseeing with them and had fun - and if they decide to stay in Kiev - will probably do some more sightseeing with them. They got caught in the shut-down too - basically they could not complete their adoption - so they had to leave their little girl in her region. They may go home and wait it there.
Kim and Heather - I miss you girls so much!!!!!! You may have to get a ticket and come visit. (Please - someone come visit as Linda is wearing out her welcome!) : )
You know - if one was desparate (as I am) they could say - the new NAC will be open in 7 days. May the time pass ever so fastly.
More updates to follow.............
NOT THAT SAME GIRL...
13 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment