CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 03, 2006

March 3 – Another Month in Ukraine

Well, let’s see. When I met Zoey on February 6 – she weighed 8 kilos and was 75 centimeters tall. On Tuesday February 28 – she weighed 8.7 kilos and was 78 cm tall!!!!! Look at that – a little growth spurt from love and food. I give her 2 snacks each day – milk, yogurt, crackers/biscuits, and fruit. She loves her food and looks forward to those snacks. She is so cute. I give her raisins sometimes, and I let her pick them from my hand. So, now she tells me she wants raisins or a snack by holding out her hand and acting like she is picking raisins from her hand – then she tries to get my attention. It is so cute. Of course she is smiling and flashing those long lashes at me – awwww – how could I say no? Also, when she knows it is snack time – she runs to the couch and “assumes the position” and is so excited. We get such a kick out of that!

Well, I got news yesterday that my court date is on March 9. I need prayers big time for this date. 1) The judge will soften her heart. 2) She will show up. She has not showed up for some court appointments and has been horrid to people. That is about all I know right now. Also, March 8 is Woman's Day and we have been told people usually take the next day off too. So, I am not feeling too positive about this.

We got a burst of spring last week (it was in the 30s) - now it is snowing, icy and frigid again. We have moved to a new apartment that is much cheaper than where we were. But, the other apartment was better. We are warm and well - so can't complain.

Also, at this new apartment they had scales. I have lost 15 lbs!!!!! Yeah me! That is drinking 2 cokes a day and too many M&Ms to count. So, I am cutting out the M&Ms - to see how much that helps. Yeah me again!

Again - prayers, prayers, prayers needed. God has to intervene for this miracle to occur.

3 comments:

Rich and Lisa W. said...

You go girl!! I will be praying for all of you on the 9th!! Good luck.

Lisa

Kimbell and Mark said...

Hey - good talking to you and Linda last week. Hang in there sister - aren't you starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel - even if you do have to squint really hard???? Know that we are continuing to pray for your sanity, a quick and easy hearing - and a safe flight HOME - that would be TEXAS - not Kyiv!!! Love you girls - all three of you!!
XOXO Kim and Mark

Amy said...

Hello Jennifer!
You win the award for woman who has truly dealt with the Ukraine system and is still in one piece to talk about it!
Our family has you in our thoughts and hoping you get home and back to sanity soon!

Take care of that precious baby! Zoey is a doll!

Amy Libenow