CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Que Sera, Sera.............................

Whatever will be, will be.. I guess the future is not MINE to see. I sent all an email about my cancelled appointment. What can you do????? No people, I didn't stop off in Amsterdam and buy weed or find any here - not smoking anything else. (but after dealing with mother for 4 days in close quarters - I may need some soon) I guess I just have a peace about waiting. I am not in control. I know that. So, I will be hanging out in Kiev until they give me an appointment and I can go pick Zoey up and get her home. (I have to have faith this will happen or I will lose it - I have waited so long - and I just can't imagine God would bring me here for nothing - I have to believe that!!!)

So, what have I been doing. Everything. We got in Saturday night. Came straight to apartment - which is in the city center and very nice. It is very cold here and snowing. But, very pretty. Sunday - I got up and called my friend Bogdan who came by and took Linda and I to eat and out shopping. And, he gave us his phone and set us up on his internet. This man is a awesome. He is so giving. He is the deputy director at Orphanage 12 here in Kiev and works so hard for these kids.

On Monday, Bogdan picked us up and we went to the O12 camp where the kids are spending Christmas and gave them a party. It was so nice and the staff were so touched. The kids loved the fruit and gifts we got them. It was a good day.

I was suppose to meet with my facilitator Vlad on Monday evening - but he cancelled. (bad omen) Anyway, Elena (translator) called and said my appointment was cancelled for Tuesday. I was upset to say the least. Bogdan was here and was upset too - so he had some nice words.

I got up today, Tuesday - Appointment day - and went to the NAC. They were nice - but offered no explanations. So, Elena will check back twice daily until we know what is happening. It may be mid-January before I get an appointment.

Getting lots of exercise (our apartment is at top of hill and about 1 mile from city center) - and not eating but one meal a day. (hard to find food with my limited Russian) I might just apply for Americas SuperModel after this!!! : )

Not much else to tell unless anyone wants to hear the ways I have sat in bed thinking of ways to choke Linda. Joe has spoiled her. She is SO dependent on him to do everything. She can't even dial a phone. She is very out of her element here - and knows she is stuck. So, she cries, whines, bitches, yells ---- YOU PEOPLE KNOW I HAVE NO TOLERANCE for dependency and weak people. Anyway, she just got a good laugh out of this.

What else......well, one thing. Over the last couple of months, one person has been there for me when I needed someone to talk to, when I needed encouragement, and when I needed to be reminded about the end result of this adoption (and also to tell me to suck it up when needed) - to HIM I want to say THANK YOU! You know who you are - Happy Birthday! You have been a Godsend and I will be forever thankful to you!

Happy Blessed New Year to you all!

0 comments: