CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Closing out the Year

Wow - I can't believe the end of the year is here. This year went so fast. These last few months have been event filled. I love my new job situation. I work for a company in a contract type role and it is the flexibility I love. The people are great. They realize right now I don't want to be climbing the ladder and accept the fact I just want to do my work and go home. God has blessed me tremendously with the job situation. I hope they continue to have projects to keep me busy. My plan is to work all I can and take July and August off. (unless I need to work for future time off for reasons noted below)

Zoey is still sleeping with me. I tried every suggestion every one posted. She is a hard-headed little toot. The only thing that worked for two nights was I told her the doctor said she could not sleep with me. She believed that --- then two days later wised up. I have been telling her that Santa will not come here if she is in my bed. She has been really worried - so she starts off the night in her bed - and comes to mine around 1 or 2. Finally she wised up and told me "duh, I will just sleep in my bed the night Santa comes and he won't know". Today, we went to visit Santa and I told him to tell her to sleep in her bed. She told him she did. I told her - Santa and Jesus know if you lie. So, she tells him --- "I sleep with mama, but when you come I will sleep in my bed so you can leave my barbie". I give up.

In early November, my wonderful, precious, incredible, best dog ever had to be put down. I still think about him. I miss him so much. He was an awesome dog. The best. Every one was sad, me mostly. Brinks was sad, and became destructive in the house. So, I decided to go ahead and get another dog. I didn't want a puppy or the potty training work -- so we went to the cocker rescue and found Norman. He is so sweet, and him and Brinks are fast friends. Our family is whole again, but will never be the same without Spencer.

I have started the process again. I will have a new blog set up after the first of the year to track that adoption. I will be going to Kazakhstan. I thought for so long Russia was the place --- but in the end I feel God is leading me to Kaz. He and I are still arguing over 1 or 2. So, we will see over the next few months what is in store for us. Please keep us in your prayers. It is hard being a single mom, and I question daily whether I should adopt more. But, I don't feel my family is complete.

My nephew left this week for Iraq. Though I know he is in God's hands, I worry a little about him. I have no faith in our incoming government and am very disappointed in the outcome of November's election. America as we knew it is about the end. I thank God he has chosen me to be a child of his fold, as during these times I would not want otherwise.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed Christmas and New Year. Stay tuned for a new chapter.

Jennifer and Zoey

5 comments:

Amy said...

HI Jenn!
What a great picture of Z!
How Kaz??? So excited for you!
So glad that the new job is working out - I had a feeling you would find your niche!
My gut tells me that you should go for 2! I wish the hubby would have let me go for two the last time - oh well... I'll keep trying! The more the merrier, right??? :)
Take care and have a wonderful holiday!

Rich and Lisa W. said...

Wow Jen! I am so excited for you and Zoey. I can't wait to follow your next adventure. Zoey is getting so big. I just can't believe the girls aren't babies anymore. Where does the time go?! Good luck and keep us updated.

Lisa

adoptedthree said...

Hi Jen
Sorry to hear about your beloved dog. Glad you were able to find another baby that needed a home though.

Have a great holiday!

Leanna

junglemama said...

Happy New YEar! How is the sleeping arrangement going now?

Michelle said...

it's been over a year... are you guys alright? i check in on your blog every so often & pray for you and your daughter, but now i'm kinda getting concerned!

- michelle