CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

October Update (in November - oh well)

October 25 – 7 Months Home
I can’t count anymore. I keep telling people we have been home 8 months – but it is really only 7. But, they have been the most interesting, yet best 7 months of my life. (Minus the combined 12 weeks I had an ear infection and strep throat. And, still managed to care for a toddler.)

November 1 – Still sick and caring for the princess
Well, I went to doctor yesterday and they ran all kinds of test to try and determine what is wrong with me and why I keep getting ear infections, strep throat, bronchial infections, coughing fits and I will spare you with the other diagnoses. I can’t believe I have not been able to shake this. I am on steroids now, along with the strongest dosage and kind of antibiotic available on the market. I think they are giving me a headache – but I will digress if they work. I am so sick of being sick. But, throughout all of this – Zoey hasn’t had anything. I guess a small miracle.

On to the reason you are all here --- I know it isn’t about me anymore. Last night was Halloween and Zoey had so much fun. It was so funny to watch her. I gave her a candy in her pail before we left the house. So, when we got to the first house all hell broke loose when the lady went down to put candies in the pail. Zoey thought she was trying to take her candy – and started yelling “mine!” – “my candies” – I tried to explain the lady was adding candy. She finally let us put the candy in there – and off we went. At the next house – she was a little hesitant. But by the time we hit the third house – she had that pail out front and center. Then, if she didn’t think she got enough – she would grab more. It was very funny to watch. Also, her pail got too heavy for her – but she would not let me or grandma have the pail.

November 5, 2006 – OY! It just keeps getting better around here. Well, I found out I have whooping cough and they also want to check my lungs for “suspicious cultures” as the doctor called it. i.e. – TB. Thank you, Ukraine. Well, I wrote on my blog while in UA that when I went to that hospital – I was sure to leave with more than I arrived with.

To make matters worse – I have medication I need to take – but can’t take it because it makes me heavily drowsy and sleep a lot (which the doctor said I needed). But, since my mother can’t leave my daddy (even though he is hunting and camping) – I have no one to come help with Zoey – hence I can’t get better. It really sucks. I miss my nanny. She was a God-send. I miss her so much. I wish for once in her life my mother would help me when I needed it. (I know you all are thinking she did with the 3 months in UA ---- but that was her choice to go.) Anyway – to other single women thinking of adopting – make sure you have a network ready and available when you need it. My back-up plan was family – but I find out when it is really needed – no one has time or can’t be put out.

Back to Zoey – off my soapbox. She cracks me up. I have been teaching her to say “please” when she wants something. She is now able to tell me when she wants more of something. She starts screaming “I want more!” repeatedly. Today – I asked her to give me a flashlight I was hunting down. She kept telling me “NO!” – and the chase was on. Finally she stopped – turned around and said “say please”. I cracked up. I guess it is a 2-way street now. Her other favorite saying is “I don’t want it” – that is to up to anything including a nap. Which today – she got out of because I was too coughy to deal with. But, she got an earlier bedtime! WooHoo. I was able to get 3 more loads of clothes done. Oh – I forgot to mention. She has kind of a little accent – so her voice is so cute and she enunciates words so succinctly - it is so funny.

I took Zoey to doctor last week. Hallelujah, thank God. She is in the 5th percentile (previously has not even made the chart). She weighed 23lbs and was 33.5 inches tall. And, size 18 months are too short for her – so we graduated to a 24 month --- but pin the waist. Overall – she is healthy. But, she has had a nagging cough for time – and today while she was coughing – I prayed that she does not have what I have. It is harder on a child.

Zoey continues to do well at school. I think that is where she is really picking up the vocabulary skills. Some of which I wish she wasn’t learning. She has also taken to being mean to the puppy. Which I keep on top of her about that. I don’t know why – but she feels the need to ride him, sit on top of him or pull his ears. I spanked her today for it as time out was not working – and she kept doing it. Poor dog. I would show her to love the puppy – which she would do ----- then when I turned my back – she’d be on top of him – smiling away.

Also – I am highly annoyed that she calls me Jenny or Jennifer. Since everyone calls me that – and no one to call me mommy (but me). She tells me “bye-bye Jenny” at school. When I pick her up “Jenny – where you be at?” “Jenny – where go?” It cracks me up – but annoys me at the same time. It doesn’t help a lady at the school that teaches her is named Jenny – so its fresh on her mind. Funny – when she cries or wants something --- it is mommy.

November 7, 2006 – Fast forward a few days. Zoey is full-blown sick. Tonight she was driving me absolutely crazy. She cried, screamed, hit, was clingy. I just fed her – bathed her and put her to bed. Crazy times! My antibiotic is finally kicking in --- but I still am tired.

I guess this has been a whining log. Next month – I will give the 411 on Zoey that I was going to do this month --- but I just need to get better. With that – I will update in a few weeks.

2 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Oh I wish I lived closer, I would come and help! Poor you. I'm sorry you can't get th help you need from your mom, that must make things exceptionally tough.
BIG HUGS!
Hope Zoey is feeling better

Calico Sky said...

p.s. hope you are feeling better too!!!