


Today – Zoey and I (and Grandma Linda) have been home 6 months! I can’t believe it. There are times I look at her sleeping and try to remember my life without her. She is such an amazing little girl. She always has a smile on her face – and truly loves life. 90% of the time she is in her own little world, singing away at the top of her lungs – which cracks me up.
We took a road trip to Houston this weekend to meet up with some fellow adopting families from Texas. It was so good to meet the people I have been emailing with for the last 2 years. I also got to see my college roommate, her husband and her 3 kids! They are all just beautiful. I have been trying to get to Houston for years to visit – but had too much work traveling going on. The trip down to Houston was not that bad --- but coming back, Zoey wanted no part of the car seat. She has learned to get out it and I had to pull over 3 times and put her back in. Which made her crankier and me more stressed. We couldn’t get home fast enough. All in all, it was a good weekend – but no more road trips for baby.
I really have to tell you all --- I still can’t believe I have this child. There are days I need a break of course, but she really is a good kid. But I think about what her life could have been, and then I think about her bio brother and what his life is like. My heart aches for him and I try not to think about it. It is beyond my comprehension why God chose her for me. And why I was chosen to be her mother. A half a world away and he brought us together through a miracle only he could make happen. It was not coincidence. It was not fate. It was a pure act of God.
I got accused of not updating enough. So I will try for once a month now. Especially with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up! I am excited about Halloween as her costume is so cute! Stay tuned……..
NOT THAT SAME GIRL...
13 years ago
1 comments:
She is soooooo pretty and adorable! I can't wait to read more updates, and yes the coming months will be full of cute pictures.
Adoption is so very special, I look at all the families (like yours) and really see God at work. To take a little child in need of a mama, and a lady in need of a child and to bring them around the world to meet each other. It's the stuff fairytailes are made of...
Kate
Post a Comment