
Well, I started back to work on August 7 at my old job. My resignation was somewhat painless. I am going to miss a lot of people there --- but not the long hours and inflexible environment. I had lunch with one of the partners who was not very supportive in the beginning – but he let his guard down today and really asked informative questions about Zoey and her previous life – which showed me he is still human – but worried about the bottom line nonetheless. I left my job on good terms and am glad I did that. My last day is on the 25th – which is ironically our 5 month anniversary home! I start my new job at 7-Eleven as an IT Compliance Manager on August 28th. I am looking forward to it.
Princess Zoey and I are rocking along. I am learning (the very required) art of negotiation with a 2-year old. Negotiating skills people --- not winning skills. I like to be the winner in these battles – but Zoey screams and cries louder. So, I have learned to negotiate and she actually understands and reminds me of my promises.
September 7, 2006
I am now two weeks into my new job and all is well. Hopefully it will be the right fit for my new lifestyle. I do leave every day at 4:30 and pick Zoey up by 5:15. That is nice. We come home, eat then play a while. Lately, the weather has been really nice in the afternoons that we can actually enjoy playing outside without sweating like pigs. I am just having a hard time adjusting back to work. I really enjoyed my time off. It was the greatest time in the last many years for me. I am glad I got to spend time with Zoey. I just wish I could afford to go part time or maybe win the lottery (which I don’t play – so that won’t happen) to be home more.
Zoey is getting better at the day care thing. Initially, she cried, but now she clutches my leg for a while – then sits in her chair for breakfast. Her vocabulary is expanding and last night she went on the potty by herself. The big girl potty – not that baby potty (as she calls it). She has also picked up the fine art of whining and “mine”. Guess it is a little give and take.
I can’t believe we have been home over 5 months. Zoey seems like she has been here forever. I spend a lot of time laughing at her – and some time being frustrated. She is a strong-willed little girl. And doesn’t take no for an answer. She is willing to dish out the “no-s” but does not want to hear them from me.
I think all eyes are on Ukraine these days, as are mine, seeing what happens over there with the new adoption authority. I would love for Zoey to have a sibling. But, it will be some time before I start the process again. I want to enjoy her right now.
I am all excited about Christmas for Zoey this year. I can’t wait. I have already started buying stuff for her. I plan to get one big gift and 3 to 5 smaller gifts. I think the big gift is going to be a car she can drive in. (and try to run me over as we all know she will). Then, I already got her an art desk and Mr. Potato head. I may get a wagon and that is it.
Zoey is growing and thriving. And, I am very fortunate and blessed to have such a healthy little girl.
NOT THAT SAME GIRL...
13 years ago
2 comments:
Precious! When you get some vacation at your new job - you gotta head east!!!
XOXO
Kim and crew!!
Thats what all of us non-spoiling parents say- just five gifts.... LOL
She looks great and you are so right going back to work is a drag!
Post a Comment