

And this kid cracks me up. Her vocabulary is expanding daily. She amazes me at how much she understands. Although - that doesn't necessisarily mean she listens to me. She really has not grown much since the last posting - but her hair is growing something mad. I have photos of her first tie-up. She actually will wear the rubber bands in her hair for most of the day.
Zoey hit her terrible 2's with a vengeance. She is constantly testing me. It is a good thing I got my parenting magazine this month and on the cover "Taking back the control from your Toddler" -- now how is that for timing (ha ha)? Of course - I started reading the article (I needed it that bad) - and all the bad behavior - my princess is doing times 10. And, of course I have tried their "methodology" - but let's face it - I am learning the hard way there is no compromising with a 2-year old. Especially one my mother has prayed for to torture me (which she does). Linda gets such a kick out of all that Zoey does to me. (hits me on head with toy (knot and bruise to prove it), pours her plate on the floor, mean to the dog, get into stuff she knows she shouldn't, and my favorite - she colored my flat-screen monitor, etc. - you get the drift) I am glad I can provide amusement for Linda - since she is back to napping these days.
We started swimming lessons last week - but the water was so cold Zoey's lips turned blue. It was an outdoor pool and 100 degrees on the days we went. I took her two days - and we haven't gone since because she is too cold and shivering to try to swim. I don't know why it was so cold. We are going to try tomorrow - and if the same - we will not go back.
Zoey starts Mother's Day Out this week. I am kind of excited for her to be around kids. And, I plan to start working out on those days. Currently, I only get two days workout - while she is at story hour.
All is well at Casa Hanks. We are moving along and bonding well. Even though she tries my last nerve, I have become very attached to this little girl. I truly see the miracle that she is each time I look in her eyes. I love her laugh, her blabbering, her kisses, her smile - everything. Truly the best thing I have ever done in my life.
NOT THAT SAME GIRL...
13 years ago
2 comments:
I posted this in the archives, but wanted to post it here as well.
I just stumbled upon your blog and I am so happy for you and Zoey! When you told the part about the pilot welcoming Zoey to the USA I lost it!! I am so curious - did you ever go out with the adopted plane guy??
Hey - just put Anastasia to bed and wanted to see if you had any new pics . . . Hope all is going well. Love you girl and hope to talk to you soon!!!!!
XXOOXO
Kim - and Mark too!!!! (Even though he is already in bed!)
Post a Comment