CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 17, 2005

Getting Closer

OK PEOPLE!!!! It is getting a little real. I bought the airline tickets today. (BTW - I guess Linda (i.e. Mother) is going since I got her ticket too!!!!) Say it with me - $1306 round trip. Can you believe that? It all stems from the fact that I have to leave on December 22 or 23. So, they got me. Anyway, I am one step closer. (and 66 days before I leave) PRAISE GOD!!!!!

Not much is happening though. I am still hating on the job. I did tell the partners - they were less than joyful. As if I care. Matter of fact - they were rude come to think of it. Oddly enough, Partner #1 was worried I was leaving (another Partner told me) - but given his response to my news, he has to know I wouldn't come back to that mentality. (has something to do with the job coming first)

Anyway, I am just trying to make it though the next 9 weeks. (44 work days - 2 holidays - 3 vacate days = 39 days of actual work left!!!!!) I know - I need to get a grip!

But, I get the best Christmas gift of all this year. I get to spend with kids who have no concept of materiality and will be thankful for anything they receive. I can't wait. I am buying all kids of stuff for them. It is so fun. They expect nothing and are so grateful. Brings such tears to me.

I finally told Joe and Linda (the 'rents) what I plan to name my child. Surprisingly, they thought it was a pretty name. I don't think they were expecting it to be that --- but they liked it. Just so you all know --- I am not into plain Jane names. (even though I love the name Jane) One of my choices was Riley Jane. But, it sounded to Kentucky/Arkansas/Tennessee. My other favorite names were Hayden Isabella (too long), Lucy Amaya (I hate "I Love Lucy" show - but like the name), Avery Sofia (this is still a close second), another choice was Kendall Shay (but my niece made fun it). Also, Greta Amelia, Olivia Claire, and Claire Elyse. But, another name stole my heart a year and a half ago when I started this process. And to me - she has always been known as Zoey Alyssa. I pray for her by that name - I pray someone is loving her, she is not hungry, she is happy, and she knows that I am coming to get her soon.

All's I can say is "oh crap" if it is a boy....... : ) Don't really like any boy names and my heart is on a little girl. But, Owen comes to mind............ "Owen loves his momma" - though is what I think of every time I say the name............. Please dear God, let it be a girl! : )

Oh - I have been learning Russian. I think I am getting good - but the tapes I am using are geared toward a vacation trip. So, I got lots more learning to do. I am very slow at learning Cyrillic though.

Nothing else is new. I am passing the time and getting a few trips in. I am going to Osaka, Japan the first week in November and to Croatia for Thanksgiving. Two places I have been wanting to go - and decided I better do it now while I can. Not much happens around her for Thanksgiving anyway --- so - will be cool to be in Croatia soaking up the Mediterranean.

Maybe I will have much stuff to tell in November. Until then - Dusveedunya (I don't have Cyrillic on my keyboard - so have to improvise with how it sounds!)

0 comments: