CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 23, 2008

So here’s another update for the Hanks household. So much has happened. Where do I start? Well, we got moved into our new house. It was such a whirlwind. My old house sold on March 27 (closed on April 10) and I was in my new house on April 11. We love the new house and all of the space. The back yard is an oasis. We spend a lot of time out there playing. The community has many parks, a water park, swimming pools, fishing ponds, golf, etc. We have lots to do to keep a 4 year old busy.

Zoey turned 4 yesterday – but we celebrated her birthday over the weekend. We had the family at the house for a cook-out, and for her friends – it was Peter Piper Pizza. That was awesome as I had no clean-up. And, Zoey loved it. Of course the party was all Dora. She is loving Dora these days.

I took some time off in March and April --- just to get caught up and get some thinking out of the way. It came at a great time – as the house sold. Anyway, I decided to have surgery done for a life-long problem and went into surgery on Tuesday of this week. I am healing fine and feel good right now. Zoey is with my parents. I go back to work on Wednesday of next week.

Also, during that time – I decided to have a foreign exchange student come live with us for a year. So, on August 15 – Jasmin from Finland will be moving in. Zoey is so excited. Except periodically she gets confused as she has a friend at school named Jasmine and she thinks she is coming to live with us.

I want to adopt again – but right now Ukraine is closed to me. Russia is too expensive (though still my main option) since I just laid out all my cash getting moved in. The house didn’t need many changes to make it feel like mine – but I had to have wood floors installed where there was tile. It was a huge area of white tile and after a few weeks – I couldn’t stand how dirty they got. The wood floors were finished on Tuesday of this week and they are beautiful. We are home.

That's our update for now. Stay tuned. I will have a teenager living with me in 2 and a half short months.

4 comments:

Kathy and Matt said...

Congrats on the new house. It looks beautiful.

Happy belated birthday to Zoey! She is adorable.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! It is so hard to believe how time flies!
Nice house! Looks like there is lots of room for visitors!
An exchange student will be fun!
Congrats on the move!
Amy

Amy said...

Ok - why no new updates????? HMMMMM! I challenge you to do THREE updates this month - that would be JULY!
I need to see some new Zoey pictures!

hugs
amy

Kimbell and Mark said...

a foreign exchange student - sounds great! Wes is in Spain living with a lady who takes students in all the time - and he's loving it. Zoey is precious. Well the kids are here from Anastasia's orphanage - don't faint but I actually updated my blog tonight!!! Oh my - they've been here fro 4 weeks and leave in 2 weeks. I've already started crying over it . .. Sasha - Anastasia's best friend from orphanage is staying with us. SHe sure is a sweetie . ..