CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring - 2 years Later


Well, I wrote an update last week - and my computer crashed (or I might have fell asleep at the keyboard). Nonetheless, I lost the write-up. March is a very special month in the Hanks household as the 9th is Zoey's gotcha-day. The 21st was Zoey's last day at the orphanage, and the 25th we arrived home. I cannot believe it has been two years. The time is just flying by. My baby is a young lady now. A girl - no longer a baby. (tears, tears) How did this happen? I find myself going down the baby aisles at stores - refusing to let her grow up. She will be 4 in two months. So young, but growing up too fast.

Meanwhile, I think my house finally sold. They are doing the inspection today and we close next week. I have to be out by the 12th ---- and I still don't have a house. Zoey asks me every day "Did you find our new house yet?" I think she took it seriously when I told her we might be homeless. She was more concerned about the TV and her toys - what would happen to them? I do think I have found the house I want --- but not sure how soon the people can get out. If they want to sell (like I did) - they will get out fast. :) Hopefully, I can get into my new house, then start the homestudy process again and get going on my next adoption. Where ever it might be from. I am still not sure what country I will go to. Hopefully Ukraine will mellow out and I can go back there.

Easter was good. My parents came up and went to church with me and Zoey. Then, we met my brother and his family for lunch. It was a quite day. (well, that might be a little exagerrated but we will go with it)

How's Moose doing? Who's Moose you ask? Well, that would be Doberman puppy Brinks. He is so huge, we have nicknamed him Moose. He is a big ole baby stuck in a 100lb body. He is so strong too. He basically just nudges Zoey and she falls over. It is so funny when she tries to tell him to behave.

Speaking of which, Zoey got on the scales 2 days ago and weighed 26.5 lbs. She has weighed 24lbs since December 2006! I am so ecstatic. She loves Taylor Swift these days - and tells me daily she wants to be Taylor Swift. At least she is a good role model (though she does say a few bad words in her songs that Zoey emphasizes when she sings).











Not much else going on. Happy Spring to all.
Jennifer and Zoey

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Jenn!
She IS turning into such a cute little girl - not that she was not cute before - hard to beleive that she is almost FOUR! WOW!
I hate to say this - My O is a tank compared to Z! She is about 30 pounds!
Hope to hear more good news from you soon!
Take care!
Amy

Kathy and Matt said...

I haven't stopped by your blog for so long. Zoey is so adorable and you're right, she's really growing up.

I was really touched by your post about your trip to Ukraine and meeting her parents. Wow! It's great you were able to make that connection.

Hope all goes well with finding your new home!

junglemama said...

Selling a house in this market is no small feat. Good job!