CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Where Does the Time Go???

I can't believe today is August 1. Just yesterday it was May, Zoey's 3rd birthday, then surgery. (I had a complete hysterectomy for medical reasons on June 11 - but recovered really fast) I had 6 weeks off work for recovery (5 weeks of which rain fell all day). I had big plans to take Zoey to the water park and Zoo --- but it rained too much. So, basically I got a lot done around the house. I have my house on the market and hope to sell soon. I have found several houses I love and but have to wait until mine sells. I am going to move forward with the adoption of a second little girl after I get settled in to a new place. I have decided I am going to try Ukraine again. That is where my heart is and where my baby's heritage lies - so I have high hopes for her sibling to share that bond. So, off we go again! Once that time comes - I will open a blog for that child - because I am keeping the blog logs for their memory books.

Zoey meanwhile had her 3rd birthday check up. She is 24.4 lbs and 35.25 inches tall. My doctor says she is doing great and healthy as they come. I wish she weren't so stinking tiny. Potty training is not going that well. She will do #1 on the potty - but not #2. Also, she has a tendency to be hard-headed and just not go "cause I didn't want to". Her standard answer to anything these days is a roll of the eyes, shrug of the shoulders, and a "cause I didn't want to". Funny how when she has to go to her room and think things over - she all of a sudden wants to do whatever is being asked. How do they become so stubborn at 3?

Also, she comes home frequently and tells me she has a brother or sister. It changes daily. I always correct her and say sister. I don't think she really understands what a brother or sister entails (i.e. -- she will have to share me, her toys, her puppy, etc)

Here are some recent pictures. She is growing up before my very eyes.




























Zoey wanted her picture taken in front of the flowers in the driveway on Sunday before church. I told her let's wait until mommy cleans out some weeds --- she didn't want to wait. How cute is this kid?

6 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Oh I am sooo happy that you made a decision for your next adoption. When do you plan to start? I love Ukraine and hope that they stay open to singles!
I know, I can't believe that it is Aug already.
Glad your recovery went well. I do hope you got my email.
Lovely pictures!!!

adoptedthree said...

LOVE THE PHOTOS
AWESOME YES I AM SHOUTING FOR EVERYONE TO HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

Hey Jenn!
That is AWESOME news! Let's hope that your next trip is a bit shorter than the first! haha!

Hugs!

Amy

Kimbell and Mark said...

Aw - she is stinkin' cute!!! Glad to hear you are recovering - I'm really outta the loop huh? Love you!!!
XOXOX
Kim

Kimbell and Mark said...

I just emailed you and it bounced back - used the comcast email. My computer died so maybe I lost a newer email?????? ANd it's too late to call you tonight. Love you - all's good no emergency - just miss you and just got Hadas pics today!
Kim

junglemama said...

What great pictures. I too had to have a hysterectomy back in February 2004. I'm glad to have found your blog. :)
God Bless.