CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 12, 2007

May Day! (yes, that is an SOS call - and it is May)

Well, I was going to go private - but several of you griped about logging in - fine - I will keep the status quo. A lot has happened since the last time I blogged. We had Easter, our first plane ride since coming home from Ukraine (which I keep telling myself is the last - but low and behold I go booking more trips), and graduated to the 3s in preschool. WooHoo!

Last year at Easter - Zoey didn't know about that looking for the thingee -- but this year - sister fought for the eggs. She cracks me up. My cousins 2 kids came to my parents house and we let them hunt eggs, and Zoey decided when they set their baskets down --- that she had found more eggs (and you know a fight ensued). Anyway - was a nice day.

The weekend after Easter we went to Cincinnati, Ohio. We met up with our friends the Bottos from Kentucky (they live about 5 minutes from CN) who adopted a little girl out of Kiev and the Senkiw-Krebs family. Stefanie adopted Peter from the same orphanage as Zoey. We had an awesome weekend and it was so amazing to see how much these kids have grown and changed since Ukriane. I spent the night with the Bottos on the first night, then we met Stefanie and Peter at a resort for the weekend. This was a great place. They have an indoor water park - HUGE. We took the kids --- and Zoey loved it. She still talks about the plane ride and water park.

The plane ride was an adventure in itself. Miss Hudini managed to get out of the seatbelt no matter how we strapped it. And, for grins - we screamed and kicked the seats in front of us. We cried. On the way back - same thing. Acutally, a guy in front of me turned around and asked "Have you heard of Benadryl?" Yes sir I have - it has the opposite effect on her. Man - "You haven't found the right dose - keep trying". If I wasn't so stressed - I would have thought that was funny.

What do I do --- come home and let a friend in Ft. Lauderdale talk me into coming to visit. So, next weekend - we try this again. This time --- I am taking a car seat. I am excited as we get to visit with the McCues and Blancos. The McCues adopted in the same region as us - but different orphanage --- and Lourdes adopted a little girl in Zoey's orphanage. Should be fun.

Also, in preschool Zoey is moving up. She will be in the 3's class starting on Monday. Zoey will be 3 on May 22. So, we are having her party on the 26th at a local waterpark. She is so excited.

Things are rocking along. It is mighty tough being a single mom. Being the sole discipliner. Being the sole income provider. I never knew in my wildest dreams how hard this was going to be. Some times I feel so overwhelmed. I wish for the life of me I had time each day for me. I am still trying to figure out how I can do this --- but right now no solutions. If anyone has advice - I am open to hear it. How can I make her play by herself and "get off me" -- she has to be up my rear every minute we are together. It is so hard.

Zoey is very strong willed and if she doesn't get her way --- a meltdown ensues. A friend of mine saw a meltdown today - and was like "girl - you better get a handle on that!" Geez - I know and I am trying to be consistent - but I got my work cut out for me. Some days I am just so tired I just walk away.

Will write more later and post some photos - but want to ask other parents and make sure can post their kids with Zoey.

Happy Memorial Day!

Jennifer

2 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Wow, what a great update! Sorry it's been a while since I checked in.
If you go private, when you invite people as long as they are signed in to their own blogs, they can get onto yours without a password, does that make sense?
I'll eventually have two blogs!
Hope you're well!!

adoptedthree said...

See May 12 was my 40 therefore you are not to close down because it was my birthday present to me!!LOL

Keep the cutie pics coming!!!!!

Leanna