Well, so much is happening – and all so fast. Time is flying by. Zoey is growing. She is still underweight and under-height --- but her HAIR is growing. : ) She is coming into her own too. Miss Priss has an attitude and it is very strong willed. She is living la vida loca in Rowlett, TX. I finally got her some play equipment for the back yard – now I can’t get her in the house. She loves being outside.
We are both adjusting better now. Mommy has finally asked for help from family and friends to watch Zoey while she has “alone” time --- and that is helping so much. For the first few weeks – I was afraid to let her out of my sight ---- not now. It is a much needed break. I was literally spending 24X7 with her and it was tough. Plus, I wasn’t getting anything done around the house. And, still haven’t done my taxes! But, it is much smoother now. Also, she starts Mothers Day Out in June for 2 days a week. That will be an awesome help.
We have Wednesday play dates with my friend Kitsy. We usually take our two girls out – this week the Dallas zoo. Kitsy’s little girl Kate is 2 months younger than Zoey. There is such a huge difference in their developments, but Zoey will catch up soon I am told. Also, we are going to start playing one day a week with my friend Gladys and her little boy. (Geez – I am never going to want to go back to work.)
Most other days, we go shopping, strolling, playing at the park, or playing in our own backyard. Zoey is starting to play more with her toys and books, whereas before I don’t think she really knew what to do. But, it is fun to watch her. It is also cute to watch her discover new things (bugs, animals, books, etc) --- she squeals with delight when she sees something new.
I love having her here --- she is so much fun. She and Spencer have hit it off really well too. And, they are fun to watch. They are still sharing food. (much to my chagrin) Gramma and Grampa came up to visit this weekend and Zoey had fun spending time with them.
We have a big week coming up. Monday Zoey goes to doctor for bloodwork. Then, we are going to Zoo on Wednesday. Then on Thursday we are meeting a partner from work, then also with the Garland ISD over some help for Zoey and her speech delays. Then, Saturday is our baby shower. So, going to be a busy week.
Check back soon. I will post pictures and updates periodically.
NOT THAT SAME GIRL...
13 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment