CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 17, 2005

July -- 6 Months to Go! (woohoo)

OK - it is mid-July. Not much has really happened.....well. First off, I have been off work since June 10 -- and loved most every minute of it. I had to go to training for 3 days in Colorado Springs in late June, and 3 days in Dallas --- but other than that, just been hanging. I go back to work (actual work) tomorrow. Gonna be busy catching up. I was in office last Friday and my to do list was a mile long....guess I will spend the next month catching up.

I had surgery on July 1. That was not fun. The healing part has been longer and harder than I thought. Mommy Dearest came to stay with me for a few days. That was so much fun. This woman who takes 2 naps a day wants to go to Ukriane with me.....she better start weaning herself of those naps and get some pep! Needless to say, 4th of July was uneventful for me.

No adoption news. Have a friend in Ukraine right now and after 4 weeks, she does not have a referral for a child. This is not good and not encouraging to me. They showed her very unhealthy kids. (I will leave it at that) It has been such a strain on her. She has her last appointment tomorrow -- we are hoping it goes well. It is such a scary thing. Sometimes I ask myself "why are you doing this". Probably one of the most stressful and emotional things I have ever done. One reason so many problems right now is the restructuring. Maybe it will be better by December when I am there. I did hear from my facilitator that on December 30 everything will shut down for 2 weeks in Ukriane. SO, I will have to find something to do or just wait around. My appointment is Dec. 27 --- so who knows what will happen.

I checked on direct flights to other European cities from Kiev and there are plenty - as well as some African cities. So, since mother has never been outside the good ole USA --- I am thinking we will venture out to see some of Europe. Our choices will be Athens, Greece; Riga, Latvia; Sofia, Bulgaria; Stockholm, Sweden; and Warsaw, Poland. If Linda will relax a little -- I will try to get her to Tripoli, Libiya or Cairo, Egypt. We will see.........

We will be leaving for Ukraine on December 24.....may or may not hang out in London for a day. Haven't decided yet. If we are having so much down time --- may just cirlce back and go later.

Oh yeah -- my house did not sell. The buyers backed out because I would not vacate in 9 days. There was no way I could because of the trip to Colorado Springs and surgery. So, they wanted to take possession by July 1 -- there was no way for me to do that. I have thought about doing some remodeling on the house and keeping it if it does not sell by late July/early August.

Well, that is the July update. Maybe August will be more interesting. Please keep me in your prayers and my adoption. I firmly believe that is what it will take to bring home a healthy toddler girl!

Jennifer

0 comments: