CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Appointment Date is Known

Well, today I am starting a blog for my adoption to find my daughter. I received my appointment date on May 19 via FedEx from Ukraine. That date is December 27, 2005. Not exactly the July to September date I asked for --- but I am dealing with many unknowns. I am very blessed to at least have a date as many people are still awaiting dates and submitted their paperwork months before me.

All of my paperwork expires (how is this for timing --- December 27, 2005)! I was looking at my submitted dossier today and saw that -- then cracked up laughing. What an interesting occurrence?

For those of you wondering, I have requested a 1 to 3 year old girl. But that is very hard to find in Ukraine. Seems everyone is looking for that age and gender. For some reason, there is 1 girl for every 4 boys. Why does no one want the boys??? I ask myself that all the time -- it seems sad. I am just as guilty. I don't want a boy, as I am single, and I think it would be too hard to raise a boy without a constant male role model in his life. Plus, my heart's desire is a little girl.

Another thing, I have sent a letter to the NAC (Ukraine National Adoption Center) and pleaded for an earlier date so that I do not have to re-do all the paperwork. The cost is roughly $2000 --- but my little princess will be worth it if I have to re-do.

My house has been on the market for 6 weeks now, and I have had 3 offers. None that we could settle on. So, I at least have time to get settled in a new house before Princess arrives. Hopefully the house will sell soon enough. I have located several houses I like. 3 in Plano and 2 in Firewheel. We'll see how it all turns out once I sell the house.

I am slowly getting over the May 6 car accident. For those who do not know, I was coming home from the airport in my car service, minding my own business in the back seat (not wearing a seat belt) when we were side-swiped and rear-ended. Won myself a trip to the ER. I broke the passenger side window with my head (concussion), crashed on my butt (slightly fractured tailbone), and messed up my mouth pretty bad. Still limping a little, have a permanent dent in my butt, have bad headaches; but am functioning. I am now a proponent of back-seat belts. EVERYONE --- WEAR THEM!

In the meantime, to keep myself busy (as if the job doesn't busy me enough), last October I became involved with Life 2 Orphans (L2O). It is an organization that was started by some women who adopted children from Ukraine and saw firsthand the horrible conditions in which they live. I am the coordinator for all vocational programs. These programs help to support children once they leave orphanages. Currently, they are released at 16 -- to the streets unless some kind souls choose to help them find a job or get educational training. L2O also helps kids within the orphanages. We seek sponsors to send care packages to kids so that they will have a little light in their lives. It makes such a huge difference. I pray every day that I find my child at one of the orphanages we happen to support - because at the baby orphanages we have programs for feeding the children. Rather than me rewriting what we do --- take a look at Life2Orphans.org. We are growing by leaps and bounds. If anyone wants to help out -- let me know.

I will try not bore everyone over the next 7 months, but will periodically update to let everyone know how things are progressing. I decided to make the blog in pink, to represent my search for a little girl. My main facilitator's name is Vlad. From what I hear, he is the best. So far, he has proven himself from what he can control. Let's hope he delivers in December.

I will update periodically until I get ready to leave for Ukraine. Then, I will try to update daily or as often as I can while in Ukraine. It will be below zero freezing weather, what else will I do?

With that, I will sign out!

Jennifer

0 comments: