Ok - so it has been a while. It just seems life catches up with you, then you get behind, then you get way behind trying to dig out --- then the task seems overwhelming. Life with a sassy, defiant, but charming 3 year old is never boring. Nor is it all that easy doing it alone. But, we take it a day at a time.
What has happened in the last 3 months? Well, princess woke up one day and said "I poopoo on the potty now" --- and we have never went back. That has been about 2 months now. I am over thrilled. Don't know the deciding factor for her --- but it was night and day. I was sick of poopy diapers. Now, of course --- the challenging side of all this is her fascination with EVERY public bathroom in the world. If anyone even says a word close to potty - she has to go. Though, some times she just wants to go and touch everything and see how grossed out and fussy I get.
We went to Maui in September. Had fun, but a little challenging (like the positive spin I use with this word?). (what I really want to say is traveling with a toddler on an 8 hour flight with no nap is like having a root canal, hysterectomy, and lobotomy without anesthesia --- -but I didn't want to sound so negative) I swore I'd never get on another airplane with her again........but like adoption paperwork, adoption waits, and 93 days in Ukraine - you soon forget the pain. (Or, did I miss the lobotomy?) We are headed to Ukraine in 3 weeks. I have been wanting to see my sponsored child in Kiev and visit friends. So, off we go. We are going with my friend in NY and her little boy --- and we can't wait to see them too. Gonna be an adventure with 2 toddlers on a 9 hour trip. Back to Maui - it was so awesome in lots of ways. The first time Zoey had waves come across her little feet --- she just giggled and screamed --- I got little tears just thinking where she came from and how well she has adjusted.
In early October - we got a new addition to the family. Brinks, our new doberman puppy. I think he was born bigger than Zoey is now - and now he about towers over us. And, he will only be 3 months old next week. He's gonna be big. But, we love him. The first couple of weeks were tough - he used Zoey as a chew toy --- but we have got him diverted now. Of course Spencer (my older cocker spaniel) probably has it out for me. I know he is thinking...... "first, the kid; now the puppy"!
Halloween was fun. This year - Zoey knew what to do and what to expect. It was fun watching her get the loot. Funny thing --- when she'd go to a house she'd say "trick or treating". She insisted on taking two bags, so we had the drama of which bag the candy goes in. Oye!
As for the adoption of #2 - I am putting that on hold for right now. I have been trying to sell the house - but with all the mortgage problems - things aren't moving these days. I did get an offer and waited it out --- but the buyers backed out 2 days before option period was up. So, right now we are taking a break. I know I am going to move --- so I will wait to see how things fall out before I start the process.
While in Ukraine - I will be blogging - but probably with no pictures till I get home. I am hoping for a fun visit. Since there will be no pressure from adopting or the sorts, it should be great. We are going back to Dnipropetrovs'k - to take the kids to visit the orphanage. I can't wait to see everyone there. I just can't believe it has been almost 2 years since I left for my adoption. My time flies.
Happy Thanksgiving to You all! More updates later.
NOT THAT SAME GIRL...
13 years ago
2 comments:
Funny how that works! For us every time we added a dog we added a child!! Ha! We adopted our third dog and the next month began our paperwork for Oksana!!!
Have fun in Ukraine. You definitely are the traveling girls!!
you gonna post while you're there?????
XOOXOXO
Post a Comment