

What a busy May is has been! The month in a brief summary. On May 6, we had an adoption celebration for Zoey (kind of like a baby shower). It was such a nice time. I got to see all my friends who I have neglected over the last few months. And, Zoey got a lot of cool stuff!
Then, I had my first mother's day - of course Zoey didn't know what it was. But, Gramma got a rose bush for Zoey to give to me - it was sweet. I also got a much coveted gold charm bracelet that I have been wanting for years from my mother. It belonged to my dad's mother - and she collected charms from various countries her and my grandfather traveled to. All in 18 or 24 carat gold. I wish I had collected charms from the many countries I have been to so I could add to it.....but there is one I will get for sure. Ukraine - because I hope to give this bracelet to Zoey someday. Maybe she will add to or we will add to it when I start taking her around the world!
Yesterday was my baby's 2nd birthday. Again - she really didn't know why for the previous two days people were singing her a little song - but she "sang" along. We had a birthday party and invited a few friends she has met. We didn't do anything extravagent - as I figure next year - after seeing other kids and having a better understanding - she will want something bigger and grander. Maybe not.....
What else? Well, I got a nanny as I realized I needed a break. It has been the best thing and we just love Ruby. She is a true gem! She comes for 5 hours a day 4 days a week. So far - so good. Also, I am finally letting Zoey go spend the night with Gramma and Grandpa. That is all my dad wanted for his birthday - and quite honestly - it benefits me. I will get to go out and stay out late if I want to. I am still nervous about it --- even though I need a break sometimes -- I still miss her or feel "like I forgot something" when she is not there.
Also, we have now been home two months and Zoey is very well adjusted. No more head banging, rocking back and forth, nail biting, or other nervous habits. She is sleeping well at night - but is still refusing the naps. She fights the naps - and maybe gets an hour at most. Oh well...
I had to get myself an excel spreadsheet to track my appointments and other scheduling items as I got so busy lately. I use to wonder what SAHM's do all day --- I will never ask that question again.
Here are some photos of Zoey from Mother's Day, Adoption Celebration and her birthday!
NOT THAT SAME GIRL...
13 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment